Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My sisters guest post

Hi! Happy New Year!
So, I have five brothers and sisters, and one of them, my ten year old sister, is a budding poet. She is going to do a guest post about Acrostic Poetry, a really interesting form. It's all yours,Girl!!!!

"Hi! I am the 'Girl' that my sister talks about:)
I am going to tell you about an acrostic poem.

 An acrostic (from French acrostiche < post-classical Latin acrostichis < Hellenistic Greek: , from ancient Greek 'highest, topmost' 'verse') is a poem or other form of writing in which the first letter, syllable or word of each line, paragraph or other recurring feature in the text spells out a word or a message. As a form of constrained writing, an acrostic can be used as a mnemonic device to aid memory retrieval. A famous acrostic was made in Greek for the acclamation JESUS CHRIST, GOD, SON, SAVIOUR, Iesous CHristos, THeou Yios, Soterch and th being each one letter in Greek). The initials spell ICHTHYS (ΙΧΘΥΣ), Greek for fish.

 Here's a Acrostic by someone on the internet:
Ice Cream
I love every flavor.
Cookies & Cream.
English Toffee.
Chocolate Chip.
Rocky Road.
Even Strawberry and
Almond Fudge.
Mmmmmmmm

Clara By The 'Girl'
Clever and calm,
Lightly freckled,
And tall for ten,
Radiant, quiet,
And sweet. That's all!

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave comments telling my sister to let me post again.:) That's all!"

Thanks, Girl! That's a nice poem! Yes, please leave comments about WHATEVER YOU WANT! LOL!!!





2 comments: