Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Continued Story day 1

                                                              The Gym By Night
                                                                               By Louisa
The bell in the front of the store jingled.
"Hello, welcome to Maybe Baby Clothes", I said, glancing around the store my mother owned to see how many other customers there were. Not many. "Hello", the man said in a thick accent, Russian, maybe? "I maybe need some clothes for my baby". I nodded, ignoring the old joke. "Right over here". as he browsed around, I thought about my best friend, Anastasia Paseka, who had moved to Romania five years ago. Ana, as we called her, was a gymnast, like my older sister Alex, and I hardly saw her anyway because she had practice twice a day for three hours each, and between practice, she had school. But we got together on weekends. Before they moved to Romania, Ana's father had gone missing, and he had never been found, as of two months ago when I got that occasional e-mail from Ana. A lot of people had just given up.                                                                           *

About an hour passed by and the man with the accent lingered in the maternity section. What does he want? I thought as as I watched him. He had thick blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes and would have been very handsome if he had not been so old. He was making me nervous, so I asked, "Can I help you find anything?
"No. Kerry, Don't you remember me?"
"Umm, no."
"How could you not?"
"I-, I began, but before I finish a giddy figure bounded through the front door, knocked over a lamp, stopped to pick it up and kept running. Then I remembered. I started screaming "Ana! Ana! and dancing around with delight. We reached each other at the same moment, and gave each other a big hug.
And then the realization hit me: This man was Ana's Father. To Be Continued.

1 comment: