Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Continued Story Part 2

Ana and her parents(her mom came in, too) stayed only long enough to say that they were moving back home. Home as in, back to our little town of Casington, Iowa. I was ecstatic when Mrs. Paseka told me they were moving right in to the house down the road. They quickly told me that Mr. Paseka had just showed up out of the blue about three weeks ago. Wow. And right before they walked out the door, Ana told me that she had been advanced up to level 10 in gymnastics, and that was the last level before elite, or "professional". "So I'll be traveling all around the world soon!", Ana whispered, because a customer came in, and we couldn't make to much noise. Then they had to leave because Ana had to get to practice back at her old gym. Seconds after they exited, my mom came from the back room. "Who were you talking to?", she asked.
"Mom, guess who came."
"Who?"
"The Paseka's."
"Ok, Ok. Tell me who it was!"
"No, Mom, really. It WAS the Paseka's! All three of them because the dad's been found!"
"Well, that's very interesting, sweetheart."
I sighed. That was the kind of person my mom was; never believing anything until she saw it. Oh, well. She would see soon.
                                                                               *
That night, I went with Alex to the gym, hoping to see Ana practicing. Yep, there she doing that amazing uneven bars routine of her's. As she swung into her dismount, I came a little closer to the edge of the mat. When she landed two double twisting flips in the air, I applauded lightly, making her land flat on her stomach.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?", I said as she quickly got up. "No big deal, really", she said."I probably would have fallen anyway. I just started working on that dismount."
"Ana", I said. "what happened with your father, anyway." Why did he go missing?"
"Well, she replied as we started walking towards the vault."It all started when my coach here decided to raise his tuition...

2 comments: